Thursday, August 7, 2014

Museums & Silk

Wednesday 30 July
Oh good it's raining again. I was worried it might stop soon. I make a second attempt at the Fine Arts Museum. 


Hey look I'm in Egypt! Hah. 

I go to the Silk District after the museum and work up an appetite. Did I mention Lyon is really hilly? After a leisurely lunch I find a silk workshop that offers a mini tour. We saw the looms and she even gave a demonstration. 




I really enjoyed it and would have loved to buy something buuuuut silk costs a lot. 


ah! Sun!

In celebration of the sun, I head to the Parc de la Tête d'Or. It even has a zoo!

Awe. Deers. 


And at this point it starts pouring again, out of nowhere. I run to the metro then back to the hostel. I meet my new roommate, Michael, and we discuss how lame this hostel is, yet neither one of us can muster the energy to go out. We blame the rain and head to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment