Thursday, July 24, 2014

Côte d'Azur: A Night in Nice

Wednesday 9 July
After spending 5 nights in Marseille, I feel quite comfortable in my little room and am kind of reluctant to leave. I've met such fun people and really enjoyed it here. That said I know I am going to have a great time in Cannes so I stop moping and get to packing. 

I felt like I didn't see all of Marseille, so I put my luggage in the storage room in the hostel and set out for some adventuring.



Mostly I walked around the shopping areas. I got a tiny bit lost and ended up in a market that made me nervous. I'm pretty positive some guy tried to steal from me, he 'bumped' my backpack and pulled on my zipper. Since I'm a super smart gal I didn't have anything of value in any of my outer pockets. All I did was glare at him when he snuck at glance at me. Jerk. 

At 3:35 I had a train to Antibes to meet Foulques, so I ate lunch at the hostel before heading, via metro, to the train station. Foulques is a friend of a friend who is generously let me stay with him for the next 5 days. 

Foulques' office was a short walk from the train station in Antibes, so I went there while he finished up some work. We then went directly to Nice for a party with a live band on the beach. I met lots of fun people, drank a ton of rosé, and danced the night away. 








No comments:

Post a Comment